To dropship or not to dropship, that is the question.
Here’s the deal, we’ve all heard about dropshipping and how it’s changed the way people do business in the 21st century. Along with affiliate marketing it has become known as one of the most lucrative business models for digital nomads looking to escape the 9 to 5.
People have made absolute fortunes through dropshipping and many ecommerce veterans have experimented with the business model in one way or another.
So what’s the deal in 2018? Is dropshipping still a good option for your new ecommerce business? Or should you be looking at purchasing your own inventory?
Well, fortunately for you, Cristian and I have both run dropshipping stores in the past, as well as managing our own inventory, so today we’re going to go through some of the pros and cons of both sides of the coin. We’ll also be sharing our thoughts on how you can leverage both models at different stages of your business, to make sure you get the biggest bang for your buck.
Links and Resources:
- ecommercefuel.com – Andrew Youderian’s awesome ecommerce community
- rightchannelradios.com – Andrew’s first dropshipping business
- trollingmotors.net – Andrew’s second dropshipping business
- Alibaba.com – Chinese manufacturer sourcing platform
- Aliexpress.com – Like Alibaba but no need to order in bulk. Great for dropshipping in order to validate markets
- Shopify.com – Our favourite ecommerce hosting platform
- Amazon FBA – Amazon’s fullfilment service
Please Help Us Out:
Our podcast content is free, but we just have one favour to ask: If you like the show then make sure to subscribe but most importantly, please leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcasts. You really have no idea how much it helps.